The University of Skövde Masters Scholarships provide some partial scholarship awards funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education to tuition-paying candidates who are required to pay tuition fees to attend a Master’s program at the university. The scholarships are awarded to candidates who are required to pay tuition fees to attend a Master’s program at the university.
The University of Skövde, which has more than 9,000 students, is a member of the public Swedish institutions that provide a broad range of international master’s and bachelor’s programs taught in English, as well as Ph.D. programs in a variety of fields.
The academic endeavors of the university are organized into five schools: the School of Business, the School of Bioscience, the School of Informatics, the School of Health Sciences, and the School of Engineering Science and Technology.
The Masters Scholarships at the University of Skövde are awarded for one academic semester, but they can be extended to consecutive academic semesters if the candidate’s study performance are satisfactory. Academic achievement is a requirement for receiving a scholarship award. Scholarships can only be awarded to students who are enrolled in a school that charges tuition.
If you are considering studying in Sweden, you should be aware that you will be responsible for covering the remaining tuition fees as well as all living expenses throughout your stay.
As previously stated, this University of Skövde Masters Scholarships covers a portion of the tuition fees and is awarded prior to the start of a master’s program. As such, candidates who have already been admitted and enrolled as a master’s candidate at the university are ineligible to apply for the University of Skövde Masters Scholarships.
University of Skövde Masters Scholarships Information:
- Host Country: Sweden.
- Host University: University of Skovde.
- Scholarship Level: Masters.
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee waivers.
- Application Deadline: 1st September 2021.
Eligibility for University of Skövde Masters Scholarships
So as to be accepted, candidates have to meet the following requirements:
- Candidates have to be international candidates from outside Switzerland and EU/EEA.
- Candidates are required to have an outstanding academic record.
- Candidates have to apply for a master’s degree program that will be taught on campus.
- The master’s degree program at the University of Skövde has to be selected as first choice on University Admissions.
- Candidates are required to fill out the application to the Master’s program meeting the closing dates for the master’s first admission round.
- Candidates are required to meet the entry conditions for the master’s program they applied to, pay the application fee and the needed documents have to be obtained prior to the closing date defined by University Admissions.
- You have to fill out all the needed sections in the online application form.
- Candidates are required to also send a motivation text and video, where they are required to explain why they have selected the master’s program at the University of Skövde.
- Prerequisites can also be other qualifications that are associated to the study or research areas as well as the geographic area which the University of Skövde gives precedence to in line with its internationalization strategy.
How to Apply for University of Skövde Masters Scholarships
- Submit an application through the website www.universityadmissions.se for a master’s program at the University of Skövde and choose it as a first choice
- Record a 2-minute video describing why the candidate wants to take the master’s degree program at the University of Skövde and how he/she is going to make use of the knowledge obtained during the program.
- Upload the video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be accessed by the university’s Scholarship Committee, on YouTube for instance, and designate it unlisted.
- The video’s link must be submitted through the online scholarship award application form.
- Write a concise motivation text describing why the candidate has selected the master’s degree program at the University of Skövde, it has to be submitted through the scholarship award application form.
- Fill out the scholarship award application form and submit it before the closing date, also take note of the application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se.
- Complete the motivation text into the relevant field. Add the link to the 2-minute video (ensure that the link is complete and accurate).