Awarded to academically exceptional candidates from all over the world, the University of Oulu International Scholarships provide financial assistance to those who will be enrolling in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at the University of Oulu.
Founded in 1958, the University of Oulu in Finland is a leading worldwide science institution that is often regarded as one of the most versatile in the country.
University of Oulu International Scholarships Information:
- Host university: University of Oulu, Finland.
- Host country: Finland.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship level: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree.
- Number of scholarships: Varies.
- Application deadline: 22nd January 2022 (Yearly).
Scholarship value and benefits:
In the form of a tuition fee waiver, the University of Oulu International Scholarships will cover 50%, 75%, or 100% of the tuition for the first academic session, respectively.
After each academic session, the candidate’s performance will be evaluated, and the candidate will continue to receive the scholarship award if he/she completes at least 60 credits in each academic session; otherwise, the candidate will be responsible for paying the full international tuition fee for the following academic session if he/she wishes to continue his/her studies in the following academic session.
The following fees and scholarship award amounts change depending on the foreign program you choose:
- Architecture: 75%
- Biochemistry: 75%
- Biomedical Engineering: 75%
- Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials: 75%
- Computer Science and Engineering: 75%
- Digitalization, Computing, and Electronics (5-year program): 75%
- Environmental Engineering: 75%
- Ecology and Population Genetics: 75%
- Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining: 75%
- Education and Globalisation: 75%
- Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science: 75%
- Electronics and Communications Engineering:75%
- Intercultural Teacher Education (5-year program): 75%
- Learning, Education, and Technology: 75%
- Product Management: 75%
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment: 75%
- Wireless Communications Engineering: 75%
- Marketing: 50%
- International Business Management: 50%
- Financial and Management Accounting: 50%
- Finance: 50%
- Economics: 50%
University of Oulu International Scholarships does not provide living expenses.
Target group: Foreign candidates from outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who are supposed to pay the tuition fees
Eligibility for University of Oulu International Scholarships
Prospective students are qualified to put in for University of Oulu International Scholarships 2022-2023, if they satisfy the admissions conditions and are eligible to pay the tuition fee. The scholarship award application will be treated only if the candidate satisfies the admissions conditions. The scholarship can be obtained only once.
SEE ALSO: Fully Funded Vikes International Athlete Awards at University Of Victoria, Canada 2021 Scholarship
Citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland
Nationals of European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) nations or Switzerland schooling in an international Bachelor’s and Master’s Program at the University of Oulu are not expected to pay tuition fees.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries
Candidates who are not nationals of an EU/EEA member nation or Switzerland are expected pay the tuition fee.
Exclusions to this general rule are candidates who
- are equivalent to an EU national (i.e. national of Switzerland)
- possess an unceasing or permanent residence permit card in Finland (type A or P permit)
- possess an EU residence permit for developing-countries citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (type P-EU permit)
- are a family member (partner or offspring) of an EU/EEA national (possess a residence card for non-EU family members of EU nationals)
- possess an EU blue card in Finland
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich in UK 2021
How to Apply for University of Oulu International Scholarships
There is no distinct application website for the University of Oulu international scholarships. The international scholarship award applications and the applications for the chosen program are submitted as a whole.
Admissions and scholarship awards decisions will be carried out at the same time. Those candidates successful in getting an International Scholarship will be informed at the same time as their offer of admission to their program is verified. The selection conditions for the University of Oulu International Scholarships are on the basis of past academic performance and academic prospect.
Check the official website for additional information.