After all of the difficulty and worry of pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a university level, and still failing to get the second class upper or the first class you had hoped for, you are left feeling quite dejected and forlorn.
I understand the feeling of graduating with a second- or third-class degree and having everyone believe you are not as good as they think you are. You may also have the impression that you are not good enough, casting doubt on your abilities at every opportunity.
It gets increasingly difficult for you to find work, particularly in my hometown, unless your father owns a business or you are well-connected. Even if you do, you will be seen as a highly indifferent student, which is not uncommon.
However, I must point out that degrees and tests are not a particularly effective method of assessing knowledge and that they are greatly overstated, but that is a discussion for another time. What you can do if you graduate with a second-class lower degree or a third-class degree is to continue your study and increase your prospects of finding work in the future.
UK Scholarship and Universities For Second Class Lower Graduates
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at the University of Bristol
- University of Portsmouth Masters Scholarship
- Masters Scholarships for African Students at the University of Bedfordshire
- University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships
- University of Staffordshire New Merit Scholarships
- Brunel University NSIRC Scholarships
- UK- Roehampton University International Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Staffordshire programs for International Students
- Northumbria University Masters Research Scholarship for International Students
When looking for scholarships, you should not be discouraged if you have a low grade point average (GPA). This is because some scholarships do not require academic results or records; instead, they are awarded based solely on financial need. Some of the best scholarships in Europe are available to international students, and you can find them here.