About the University of East Anglia (UEA)
RECOMMENDED: HOW TO APPLY FOR USA VISA LOTTERY
Why the University of East Anglia (UEA)
- High ranking university in terms of research and education – University of East Anglia (UEA) has been recognized globally as an institution committed to research and academics. For instance, the university was ranked #23 in the Times University Guide 2020 and #10 university in the UK for research
- Accommodation – both domestic and international students are assured of comfortable accommodation when applying for admission into the university, with over 5,000 accommodation spaces at low prices.
- The university campus is spread on 320 acres of land and includes college buildings, libraries, healthcare centers, atheletic fields, and so much more.
- The university accepts international students all over the globe. The university caters to over 15,000 students from more than 100 countries and still provide international student service such as providing useful information about obtaining Visa, international student orientation, accommodation, and so on.
UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students 2021/2022
This fellowship is offered to overseas students enrolled in a postgraduate program on the basis of academic achievement and a personal statement written by the student. The grant is most frequently given to students who have received a first-class honors degree in their undergraduate studies. In addition, applicants are expected to achieve the English language proficiency criteria. An application for the scholarship does not need to be submitted separately; all qualified candidates who have accepted admission to the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia will be considered for nomination on an automatic basis. The admissions department will contact those who have been accepted into the program.
Eligibility Requirement for the UEA International Development Scholarships for International Student
- Only students from the following countries are considered for the UEA International Development Scholarships for International Student: Bangladesh, Brazil, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Sub Saharan Africa countries like Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verdi, CAR, Chad, DR of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) or
- or applicant must be a graduate from a North America Study Abroad Partners.
- Applicants who are recipients of other scholarships are not eligible.
- Students with good academic standing like a starred first-class undergraduate degree from the University of East Anglia are eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a Master’s program or the first year of a Doctorate program within six months of graduation from an undergraduate degree studied at UEA.
- Candidates of the scholarship have to be international students paying Overseas tuition fees. If the recipient starts paying domestic tuition, the award will be discontinued.
- Eligible Programs: Scholarships may be offered in all postgraduate taught programmed studied at UEA, commencing in September 2020 only.
How to Apply for the UEA International Development Scholarships for International Students
By clicking on this link, you can submit an application for a postgraduate program at the institution if you meet the qualifying requirements listed above.
Applicants will be required to fill an application form and upload the following documents:
- Transcripts – if the transcript is in another language apart from English, it should be accompanied by a certified translation into English.
- English Language proficiency proof such as TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resumé – Your CV or resumé should outline your academic background, work experience and any professional qualification.
- Degree certificates – only first-class degrees from the university are considered for the scholarship
- Statement of Purpose or Study Plan Statement of at least 500 words
- One academic reference letter
- Research proposal and Dissertation topic
- Passport details page
- Financial statements to support your education for at least one year
- Each document uploaded should not exceed 2MB in size.
- Once admitted, students who meet the scholarship requirements are automatically considered and nominated for the award.
Discounts on tuition fees will be applied straight to the student’s account. There will be no substitute or similar monetary payment offered.
For the duration of the postgraduate program, which is three years for full-time students and six years for part-time students, the tuition discount will be applied to the total cost of attendance.
University: University of East Anglia (UEA)
Department: International Development
Award: full/partial tuition waiver
Nationality: international students
Access mode: online
Duration: length of the program.