Applications for the University of Manchester Scholarship are being accepted at the time of publication. University of Manchester scholarships for selected master’s degrees are available to students from Ethiopia who meet the requirements of Manchester Equity & Merit.
Equity and Merit Scholarships are offered by the University of Manchester to academically exceptional students from Sub-Saharan Africa each year, providing them with a unique opportunity to make a positive contribution to sustainable development in their home countries. Nations all over the world are confronted with a slew of development difficulties, as well as issues relating to education, and their best brains are motivated and equipped to address these issues. One of the objectives of the Equity and Merit Program is to achieve this.
In every postgraduate subject, from power engineering to global urban development, the specific situations of these countries have been considered when developing the course content. It is via this financial opportunity that young professionals from the Global South are able to enhance their abilities and contribute to the greater good of society. The grants are jointly funded by the University and its sponsors. While the University covers the entire cost of tuition and fees for students, our kind sponsors cover the price of their living expenses, flights, and visas.
The scholarship grants are intended for students who would be unable to afford to study in Manchester if they did not receive a scholarship. In accordance with our commitment to a policy of equal opportunity, we evaluate each and every submission according to its merits. Women are especially encouraged to submit their applications. The recipients of the two scholarships are as follows:
- One-year, full-time, on-campus master’s.
- Part-time distance learning master’s (3 to 5 years’ duration).
Award Type: Masters
Application Closing Date: 31st August, 2021 at 5pm GMT
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia
Award Location: UK
Eligibility University of Manchester Scholarship
To be eligible for University of Manchester Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Talented individuals, particularly from underprivileged backgrounds are qualified to apply.
- Applicants must be resident citizens of Ethiopia, Rwanda, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not formerly studied outside Africa (training of 6 months or less will not be acknowledged).
- Applicants have at least 2 years of expert experience related to their selected field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2020) with total excellent grade. The grants are for academically exceptional students and typically this implies that you are in the top 10% of your class.
- Applicants should be planning to get back home and able to exhibit the potential to make a positive influence on the future of your home country.
- Applicants should have a defined idea of how studying with Manchester will profit both their career and the wider community.
Number of Awards: 30 (20 for full-time study and 10 for online study)
Benefits of University of Manchester Scholarship
Beneficiaries of University of Manchester Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- It cover complete tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the funding includes return international airfares, living costs and visas.
English Language Requirements:
- No IELTS or TOFEL test result needed. Nevertheless, if you are selected for an interview then you will be expected to take an approved English test.
- Each master’s program has its own prerequisite in terms of English test scores. Please refer to the course profiles for further details.
- Mostly, you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5) or TOEFL 90 (with no sub-test less than 22) to be awarded a scholarship.
- There will be no exemptions to applicants who have studied in English and we don’t accept a certificate of English language proficiency from your university.
Award Duration: Duration of applicant’s chosen course
SEE ALSO: Fully Funded Vikes International Athlete Awards at University Of Victoria, Canada 2021 Scholarship
How to Apply for University of Manchester Scholarship
To apply for University of Manchester Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Provide degree certificates and transcripts displaying courses taken and grades attained.
- Provide proof of your English language ability as specified above.
- Provide two up-to-date signed references. It is compulsory to have at least one academic reference to help us determine your ability to complete a master’s at The University of Manchester.
- Visit here to apply now for our Equity and Merit Scholarships.
To inquire further about University of Manchester Scholarship, please visit the official website.
NB: It is important to note that there is a clear distinction between the procedure of awarding scholarships and the process of applying for admission. Scholarships are awarded solely on the basis of merit. It is not necessary to have received an academic offer of admission in order to be considered for the scholarship. An academic offer has no advantages or disadvantages in terms of employment. The course of your choosing will be automatically offered admission to you if you are selected for the scholarship.